Unlike conventional flat window designs, bay and bow windows both slightly protrude outwards which will help to entice more natural light from all angles into the heart of your house. They will also give you beautiful panoramic views of your outdoor environment.
A bay window is made up of three sections and typically has a square, hexagonal or octagonal shape, while a bow window has four to six equally sized windows and offers a more curve-like shape.
Do not be mistaken for thinking that bay and bow windows are best reserved for traditional residences. On the contrary, new-build properties are equally suited to both of these timeless window styles.
The beauty of a bay and bow window is an irrelevance if the window fails to protect your property from intruders. Thankfully, they both include a multi-point locking mechanism and unbelievably tough frame.
Say goodbye to heat loss and draughtiness indoors forever once you have integrated energy efficient double glazed bay or bow windows into your household. They will also keep the cost of your fuel bills down.
‣ A bay window has three openings, available in angled projections. A bow window usually has four or five.
‣ A bay window’s overall structure consists of a picture window with two other windows, usually smaller, on either side. A bow window’s structure is curved, creating a rounded appearance on the outside of the home. (These bow windows are usually referred to as a “four-lite bow” or a “five-lite bow.”)
‣ The angular lines and flat planes of a contemporary bay window are often considered more appropriate for modern homes, while the semi-circular outer structure of the bow window is ideal for any architecture that smacks of the Victorian. Of course, either type is perfectly acceptable for just about any style home.
‣ Bay windows protrude farther from the wall out into the exterior space, adding a bit more floor space on the interior.
‣ Bow windows frequently allow more light to come into the room since they have more glass panes than bay windows.
‣ Because bay windows only have three panels, they’re seldom as wide as bow windows.
‣ Bow windows can be wrapped around the corner of a building, forming a unique turret shape on the outside and an enticing nook on the inside. This advantageous option also allows for a view from two sides of the home.
If you are interested in finding out more about our range of bay & bow windows, please submit your details. An appointment will be set up with one of our expert surveyors and a free quote issued for your consideration.
As a family business there is nothing more important to us than a family feel and service. All our staff have bought into this philosophy and add to our first – class friendly service.
We have no hidden fees or costs. We feel that being 100% transparent with our prices is the best way forward. We may not the cheapest , but we aim to be the best , and as our famous slogan is “Quality pays for itself” we truly do believe this.
A great company who does what they say they will do. I will use this company again
All round perfect company, would highly recommend. Thank you again I C Davison.
From the moment of contact to the finished result they have been perfect. Fantastic company.
Brilliant job from start to finish. Would recommend them without hesitation. Turned up on time, finished on time, great quality product and a very competitive price. Fantastic service guys.
Recently used IC Davison to install new windows and front door to our new house. The service was first class and the team were very friendly. Left the place tidy and completed job in given timescale.